I'm convinced that I'm more scattered and fragmented since the internet took over my brain. Today I sat down to "work" on the computer. The "work" part lasted about 30 minutes (if that). The rest of the time was spent doing things like ....
1) playing Scramble. Zoom continues to kick my ass. I think I'm getting better, though. No wonder. I'm a fucking addict!
2) reading all the blogs of those who attended the Blogger Brunch. Interesting reading.
3) checking out the FlicKr sites of random people I don't know or care about. Not even worth commenting on.
4) reading news from 4 news sources. The financial outlook is still grim. There is snow in certain areas.
5) googling slow cooker chili con carne recipes. There are tons.
6) checking into the YMCA membership rates. Not bad.
7) checking out the Ottawa Humane Society website to see if there is a little brother or sister available for my cat. None that I really really like at the moment.
8) trying to find the 5th Muse's new blog. No luck.
9) looking up "feline irritable bowel syndrome". The experts don't have much to offer.
10) doing the "what kind of board game are you test" on Zoom's blog. I'm chess.
Anyway, you get the idea. None of this random surfing is very enriching. I wish I had spent a very focussed time "working". Then, I wish I had done more meaningful things like exercise, reading, crafting, shagging. Any of these activities would have been better for my brain. How are the rest of you dealing with the mind suck of the internet? Help!
5 comments:
Just like you, Aggie, just like you. I worry about it, and in between Scramble games I google it:
Is Google Making Us Stupid? What the Internet is doing to our brains.
When I'm on the internet, I'm developing my brain:
(a) researching the Revolutionary New Dating Paradigm;
(b) reading Milan's blog;
(c) creating exciting new works of poetry; and
(d) investigating vocabulary infractions.
Huh. I'm playing the faux pop quizzes. Apparently I'm Boggle. I hate that freakin' game... Does this mean I'm headed for self-loathing...?
Boggle is Scramble! I love that freakin' game.
I'm chess, too, Aggie. And I wish you'd come to the blogger breakfast instead of just reading about it. And playing any online games with Zoom will lead you to an early grave. Play with me instead. I really, really suck and can't beat anyone
Post a Comment