I need help. I don't understand how cellphones work. And, I'm breaking down and buying one of the stupid things. Why, you ask? Because in two weeks, I will be homeless. I will need a "place" for people to reach me. Where will that place be? My cellphone.
I just got off the phone with Rogers. I loathe Rogers. They spoke to me of 1 to 3-year contracts. I told them I didn't want to be in any contract with Rogers for more than a year. So, as I understand it, there is 1) the contract, and 2) the plan. I asked what the contract gave me, and, as I understood it, it gives me nothing but the privilege of using Rogers. The plans are too complicated for me to even begin to understand. I just want a phone I can use with a fun ring tone. For me, that will be the only good thing about this new purchase. I'm thinking a BeeGees ring tone.
Help. Please, someone, explain cell phones to me, and how I can get a fun ring tone.
3 comments:
Think about just buying whatever phone you like and buy your airtime with prepaid phone cards. You'll need to activate your airtime, but that's a one-time fee.
As for fun ring tones, if you don't want to pay to buy ringtones off the internet, buy a phone with a removable memory card. It's like a teeny, tiny floppy disk (you'll also need an adapter card to be able to use the phone's memory card in a card reader to transfer files from your computer to the phone). Ask the guy at the cellphone store about that.
Might cost a few hundred to get yourself all set up, but after that, all you need to pay for are the prepaid airtime cards.
No contracts, no monthly bills.
Thanks, Patti. Very helpful.
If you are signing up for a contract of one or more years, they should either give you a cheap phone for free or a big discount on a more expensive one.
If you sign up for two years with Bell, they give you $150 off a phone. For three years, they give you $200. Bear in mind, also, that some phones can be switched to different networks, and some can only be used with the company you bought them from.
Post a Comment