*I don't know how to remove bubble gum from a leather purse strap and clothing.
*I didn't know that it was still possible to lose a document on the computer. I assumed there were enough back-ups: the "do you want to save?" questions, the auto-saves, the temp files, etc... But, no. It is still possible to actually lose a half a day's work. Gone. Zap. Fuck. And, yes, I called the technical guy, and he said, "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you lost it!"
There are a whole lot of other things I don't know, too.
6 comments:
Bubble gum: Freeze the garment or purse. The gum will also freeze and most of it can be broken off once frozen.
Use a product called: Goo-Gone. It works miraculously. Most hardware stores carry it.
File: Did you try, Start - Search - For Files or Folder. Call me if you don't know what I mean. I have found many lost files for people that way.
Thanks, Woodsy. It's a really huge mother of a purse. I don't even think it would fit in the freezer, so it looks like I need to go for GOO-GONE, which sounds a bit scarey...
The file: I went through all that with the tech guy, and it is really really truly gone, believe it or not. I didn't know that it was possible for this kind of thing to happen on a modern-day computer. But, I've recreated the whole thing, and have almost forgotten about the "incident". I just refer to it as..."the incident".
Also peanut butter. Works like a charm on that sticky stuff left by labels, so I think it would work on gum too. May take a while for the smell to fade.
On the purse, I mean, not the computer. I got nothin' on that.
Agreed. Peanut butter is perhaps a trifle less effective, but the residue smells better than Goo-Gone volatiles. And it's probably less toxic, unless anaphylaxis is a problem...
Sorry about the 'puter. The f*ing things just do that sometimes...
Vinegar also dissolves gum
You people are so damn smart and helpful!
Post a Comment