I saw Feist last night. She wouldn't have sucked if she had been playing at the Manx or the Black Sheep Inn. But on the Main Stage of the Bluesfest, I didn't think she pulled it off, except for maybe the first 5 rows of people. She was doing her ambiant, artsy thing, which is pretty and everything, but doesn't work in that context. It annoyed me that she was a wanker last night. I wanted to see her rock, to be larger than life. I like Feist's schtick generally. Her voice is unique. The woman is capable of giving it when she wants to. But I'm over the whole 1, 2, 3, 4 shit.
6 comments:
We saw Feist the other night. I thought she was o.k. She wasn't able to keep our attention for long. It was nice background music as we were talking to our friends. I thought it was o.k. Your right, it could have been much better in a smaller venue. I guess sometimes it just works out that way.
I agree a smaller venue would've been nice, but myself and the folks i was with enjoyed it. For the first chunk we were WAYYY back, then moved up about midway through right before the elbow line (the line where if you want to go any further you need to use your elbows). She didn't really capture my attention either, but the final song she played was somewhat magical, and for that i was glad i stayed for the encore.
PS, totally unrelated to this post, i would like it if your oh la la main image would be a link to your main blog... its a minor thing, but helps navigate back to the main entry point when i'm viewing the comments on an individual entry :)
Perhaps "Feist sucked" was a bit strong...
Bob: I'll see what I can do about the Oh la la image. I'm not good at fixing technical things.
Aggie! I, too, thought that perhaps "Feist sucked" was a bit strong. But no!
Last night, I was at the Carleton Tavern, and said loudly to my fellow drinkers, "Aggie thinks Feist sucked."
A hush fell on the room. Then, our waitress said "Boy, did Feist ever suck." And then, one by one, the crowd chimed in, "Feist really sucked! Thank you, Aggie, for helping us voice our opinions!"
So Aggie, not only were you right, but you provided much-needed therapy for the Carleton drinkers last night.
Go Aggie!
Glad I could be of help here.
Post a Comment