Lucinda Williams is one of my idols, and I got the chance to see her at the Metropolis in Montreal on Thursday night. Lucinda could do pretty much anything and I would think she's wonderful. She is a rough, raw, edgy woman, and I love her for that. But, I have to admit, I was a little worried about her on Thursday. The chemical enhancement seemed a bit too...enhanced. I appreciated that she decided to scramble her set list. However, when she had to have a band huddle between each song, had to call the technician out on stage about ten times, and had to constantly turn her back to the audience to get grounded, I worried for her. I still love her, though. We regretted not being more stoned in solidarity. A highlight of the show was this song. "Hey my little honey bee, I'm so glad you stung me.".....Great stuff. She ended the whole show with an AC/DC cover: "It's a long way to the top (If ya wanna rock n' roll!)" Rock on, Lucinda!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Lucinda in Montreal
Lucinda Williams is one of my idols, and I got the chance to see her at the Metropolis in Montreal on Thursday night. Lucinda could do pretty much anything and I would think she's wonderful. She is a rough, raw, edgy woman, and I love her for that. But, I have to admit, I was a little worried about her on Thursday. The chemical enhancement seemed a bit too...enhanced. I appreciated that she decided to scramble her set list. However, when she had to have a band huddle between each song, had to call the technician out on stage about ten times, and had to constantly turn her back to the audience to get grounded, I worried for her. I still love her, though. We regretted not being more stoned in solidarity. A highlight of the show was this song. "Hey my little honey bee, I'm so glad you stung me.".....Great stuff. She ended the whole show with an AC/DC cover: "It's a long way to the top (If ya wanna rock n' roll!)" Rock on, Lucinda!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. Lucinda AND AC/DC at the same time. I am sorry I missed that. But it's given me some ideas to work on...
sounds like the same set list she used at Bluesfest. She wasn't totally on her game then. But she's Lucinda, and I love her. On her worst day, she's better than just about anyone else, I think.
I liked the choice to end with the AC/DD cover - maybe she should pull an Annie Lennox and release an album of covers - remember when Annie did that?
whoops, typo, sorry!
Post a Comment