Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Getting ready for Old People

Thanks to XUP, who is an expert on old people, I am ready to receive my elderly guests. Here are some preparations I've made:

1) I have ordered DVDs, including "the Best of the Price is Right" and "America's Funniest Home Videos". "Three's Company" (Season 2) is also on the way.

2) I am bringing lots of sweets into the home. If I have time, I'm going to make a pan of squares. Old people like squares.

3) I bought a bottle of Bailey's, and have my own bottle of Port, which I'm willing to share.

4) I have remedies for stomach ailments or discomfort of any kind.

5) I have magic bags.

6) I have crosswords.

7) I am ready to talk loudly and listen for hours to stories about the old days.

8) I have a few Ottawa tourist pamphlets ready in case people feel like doing some light sightseeing.

Am I forgetting anything here? I feel prepared. I really do. Thanks, all of you --especially XUP !--for your suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your old people are a lot younger than I thought, but Three's Company and AFHV are kind of 80's. I was thinking more of Bewitched, Beverly Hillbillies, I Dream of Jeannie, Barnaby Jones -- that era... Everyone loves Bewitched.

Aggie said...

They are "hip" old people, though. Beverly Hillbillies -- great idea!! Bewitched - YES!!