Thursday, June 14, 2007

Borrowed Car Etiquette

I am still driving the borrowed the car: the very large American car, which I love in a kind of sick way. When I borrowed this car, I intended to give it back in mint condition: clean, full of gas, with a fresh oil change. To my horror yesterday, I noticed that it is missing a hubcap. I have lost of hubcap. I'm not sure how this happened. I prefer to believe that it was stolen, rather than examine my own driving technique.
I called a couple of scrapyards and they don't have one. One said he'd order me in one and it would cost $45. Another said I would have to call the dealer, and buy an entire set, which would be costly.
My question to you car people out there: where can I find a hubcap for around $10?

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Aggie, I once lost a hubcap from my Nissan Sentra. I replaced it with an official matching Nissan hubcap, which cost about $55 from the dealership, as I recall. A week later, the hubcap on the other side of the car fell off. These are the ony two times in my entire life I've ever parted ways with hubcaps.
Anyway, I went to Canadian Tire, and bought one off the shelf that didn't quite match, but almost did. I tapped it on myself. It cost $12, and it never fell off.

Aggie said...

Thanks, Harmony. I'm off to Crappy Tire!