1) Facebook creates false intimacy with people who are not your real friends. People who would never have the balls to send you an email feel free to facebook you shamelessly throughout the work day.
2) Facebook generates social anxiety.
3) Facebook allows people who are not clear on boundaries to spew their crap out for all the world to see. A further note on this one--- At least a blog allows a certain depth. Facebook users, on the other hand, can spew out only the thinnest veneer of crap. This is because Facebook has the depth of toddler wading pool before the water's been put in. (Apologies for the crap/toddler imagery).
4) Facebook is highly addictive, particularly for the OCD types. I'm sure it will soon be banned from all workplaces.
5) There is no fifth reason.
On a more positive note, I just love the Facebook status profile feature. I think it's the best part of the whole fucking interface.
5 comments:
Yes, yes yes. Facebook is the Devil's tool.
Still, I remain fixated on the semiotic/spiritual implications of these new metallic shorts you mentioned yesterday.
If they also contain any Spandex(®), I fear for the state of your karma. If they contain more than 25 per cent Spandex(®), then you have descended to near-irredeemable depths of fashion depravity such as may only be found on Go Fug Yourself
Please tell me your immortal soul is not in danger....
No spandex, so I'm safe for now, I guess. Although, I've been thinking I need a metallic bathing suit.
Go Aggie. If you find one, let me know where. I'd like a metallic bathing suit too. And Conch should get one as well. Maybe even the rest of the ESIs. Coyote?
Really, although you are looking at these growing fashion cravings as signs of a midlife crisis, I believe you are just getting in touch with your inner babe.
Oh, well, then! If you're getting in touch with your inner babe, Aggie, I'm totally for it.
Harmony, us coyotes eschew all fabric 'cept our own fur. No spandex. No metallics. Simple organic fuzz. With just a scintilla of aura de doggie for sex appeal...
On shiny metallic shorts: Don't worry, Coyote, I can lend you a pair of mine.
On facebook: My profile now says "4D is thinking about Aggie in shiny shorts and wondering why she has put him on limited access to her profile."
Post a Comment