Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Commercial break...

The Bakelite story will continue. But first, a commercial break. Conch Shell is promoting the merits of bamboo stalks in your home.
Here is what she has to say:
"They are cheap. You can buy them for $2 a stalk at Loblaws."
"They'll live for about 2-3 years in water with little care and no soil. Toss in a few rocks for effect."
"They give you home a feng-shui look, suggesting the spiritual and philosophical leanings of the homeowners."
When I asked Conch Shell if bamboo stalks would be good home staging "fluff", she gave an unequivocal, "YES!"

6 comments:

Woodsy said...

Thanks girls... excellent idea!

Harmony said...

I've been to a lot of open-houses lately. The "fluff" I've noticed are things like:
(1) bake something yummy like cookies, and leave the plate out for people to help themselves. The nice baking smell lingers in the air, making prospective buyers yearn for their childhoods, and think that buying YOUR house will bring it all back...
(2)lots of inexpensive, cute cushions piled and tossed about in comely heaps. Of course, no one really arranges pillows in such lovely stacks every day. But it looks great!You could even ask Aggie to make some for you.
(3)super-clean windows. Wash all your windows and let the sun shine in...place a vase of wild flowers on a table in the sun. Buy a chic sun-catcher or prism to enhance the effect...
(4)a soft "sounds of nature" CD playing quietly in the background, and
(5) there is no fifth fluff.

Aggie said...

Wow! Excellent fluff suggestions, Harmony. I would definitely buy a house that had cookie smell in it.

Woodsy said...

Thanks Harmony, great advice too... I was also told the following...

Remove all traces of pets... Hmmmm, I wonder if I Dwarfie has room at his spa for a ferret and a rat?

Tiana said...

I have two planters with bamboo in them and they are both over 3 years old and they are very leafy and bushy.

You can also cut the stalks in half to double the amount you have.

Anonymous said...

Fluff I've noticed: a tidy stack of erudite tomes next to a comfy chair in a cosy corner, a cookbook left open to a dessert picture, pristine entrance hall, suggesting new beginnings...