Sunday, February 25, 2007

I met a Canadian Idol!

I met a young Canadian heartthrob yesterday named Wilfred Le Bouthillier. What an adorable little poptart he is! He won the French-Canadian equivalent of Canadian Idol, Star Academy, in 2003.

I fought my way through a group of frenzied teenaged fans, wearing my pink colour-of-my-blog sweater, and caught his attention.
Wilfred wormed his way to the top of the competition, not only because he has talent, but because he was such a humble, nice guy. And, the judges loved his innocence. When asked what he wanted to be as a child when he grew up, he answered, 'the pope'. Adorable! How could they resist?
Before meeting him, I got to see his show, which was a lot of fun. He did the best rocker jump I've seen in a long time. Some of his lyrics need some work. He has a song called 'Tout sorte de monde' which means something like 'It takes all kinds'. One of the verses goes (and I translate here) 'It takes black and white, rich and poor, etc...' You get the idea. Wilfred needs to work on some of his writing. But who cares! He is delightful. I could eat him for breakfast.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Aggie! You are quite amazing, the people you hang out with. Such nice young men, be they waiters, musicians, etc. In fact, the notion of meeting Mr. Bouthillier is renewing my interest in my own music. Must go practice...

4th Dwarf said...

Why is it always left to me to say the thing nobody else says?

You could eat this poptart for breakfast?

People comment on my choice of morning cuisine, but really...