My home smells of peppermint. Why, you ask? Because I seem to be having a mouse issue. Peppermint oil is supposed to be a non-violent approach to combatting mice problems.
I dislike mousetraps. They can cause unnecessary suffering, and I nearly snapped my own finger in the damn thing. I don't want to have yet another finger accident and trip to the emergency room.
My cat is not doing his job. He is comfortable and well-fed, and seems more interested in his mouse toys than the real thing.
So, I'm drowning in peppermint here, and trying to think about all its positive benefits for me. For example, peppermint supposedly "Enhances our receptive capacities on the mental and spiritual level." That seems pretty good.
If anyone has other non-violent mice deterrents, please help.
1 comment:
I may be straying into Coyote's territory here, but there is a natural mouse repellent that might appeal to you. An excerpt from the website:
"The scent of urine communicates to your troublesome animal that a prowling predator has just 'marked'
the area as their own. In your pest's instinctual mind, violating this territorial marking is subject to being devoured as prey. This creates a fear barrier that your animal pest will be driven to avoid.
What do scientific tests reveal about this organic pest control?
Studies done by numerous organizations have shown the effectiveness of predator urine (Coyote, Fox and Bobcat Urine) as a repellent for animals of prey. The information below are excerpts from those studies."
I leave you with this Mice Factoid, from www.critter-repellent.com:
Wild mice can carry a wide variety of bacterial, fungal and viral diseases. Leptospirosis is one disease carried by mice that is particularly detrimental to humans.
Post a Comment