Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Emails that don't bode well....

I'm compiling a list here, and need your help. A lot of attitude and tone can be communicated by email these days. I'm trying to make a list of some of the expressions, etc.. that signal that things could turn/are turning ugly. Here are a few:

1) "As I mentioned in my previous email...."
2) "I had assumed...."
3) Name repetition. For example: "Aggie, I thought we had reviewed that problem before. If I remember correctly, Aggie, it was you, Aggie, who .....
4) Had I been apprised of this situation earlier....
5) Use of all upper-case.

3 comments:

4th Dwarf said...

6) A cc: list that grows in both number of recipients and organizational rank.

Anonymous said...

I just used 4th dwarf's cc list this morning. Things have turned ugly down here.

Aggie said...

Glad to hear that you are mixing things up out there, M.E...