Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday morning bed blog

I am not out of bed yet, and it seems to be one of those days you wake up and ask yourself, "Am I sick, or do I just need a shower and a cup of coffee? I have woken up queasy, and no I'm not pregnant.
An update of the week in no particular order:
1) I am a student again, and although I am the oldest in my classes (over 30, as Urban has pointed out) I have made friends. I have made a concerted effort to learn names, and have found that the business people are right about this one -- people do like the sound of their own names.
2) I found the 16-month pocket-size weekly moleskin planner I was looking for at the Pinecrest Chapters. A nice collection there. Now, I feel ready to move forward. Amazing how much hope a mere planner can give you.
3) I have decided to learn and blog a new word every day. I want to start expanding my vocabulary and stop saying fuck. It's not nice. My word of today is cabal, which I think is a really good word, and one that would work nicely in a sentence with Elgin Street Irregulars. I would link you to a full definition of cabal, but the link button doesn't seem to be working this morning.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

Ags, if you aren't preggers, then why don't you come right on over and I'll give you a good cup of coffee to get you going?
On the other hand, if you are, can I be an unofficial "auntie"?
Wow, I just pictured a pregant, non-swearing Aggie. Speaking of cabals, this IS intriguing!

coyote said...

Oh, here, let me try that sentence:

"The Elgin Street Irregulars are riding the cabal car to Hull..."

XUP said...

Georgie's cabal is invading kabul