Clearly, I'm going to have to hang around as the stand-in muse until the 5th muse starts 1)blogging regularly 2)complaining more 3)telling us what's really going on over there 4) moving out of bliss-world and into something real. Yeah yeah yeah, I'm happy you met R and he's so great and he's got such a great family and blah blah blah. Who cares. You know what? I'm more interesting right now. Here's why - 1) I blog regularly even when I have nothing to say 2) I complain a lot and am about to launch into a rant right now 3) I'll tell you what's really going on over here 4) bliss-world can bite me.
Rant of the day: I hate innocent people. You know the type - the uncontaminated-by-the-world types. What's wrong with them? Why are they so naive? I encountered a dough-faced (or should I say, doe-faced) IP today and her response to something so completely benign was shock and horror. I just wanted to say, "What? You didn't know the world was a bad place? What's wrong with you, you fresh-faced innocent one? Piss off!"
What's going on over here: As I mentioned before, I've become a Spider Solitaire medium level difficulty expert. I'm addicted and am spending far too many hours playing this game. I feel like a genius when I win. An old waiter-friend with whom I celebrated Thanksgiving suggested that I may have "a problem" and didn't appreciate the fact that I was more intimate with the King of Spades than I was with him. My response was, "Let me dabble in this addiction without pathologizing me, ok? And, while you're at it, piss off!"
Bliss-world can bite me: What's with the happy blissed-out folks? What's with the everything happens for a reason people? What's with the everything-in-my-life-was-leading-up-to-this people? What if this doesn't work out? Bliss-world and it's finished products, smug-marrieds, and organic vegetables* can all just piss off!
*(Yes, I just trashed organic vegetables. People are paralysed in Toronto because of organic carrot juice. Sometimes organic means just plain old dirty).
3 comments:
Ahh, Aggie, darling, you make me happy to be miserable.
Aggie -- I had no idea you had a SS addiction. Perhaps you really should get TV cable, so you can at least waste time on fun TV dramas, and have those same reference points as the rest of us.
AND, err, I think maybe you're being just a bit too negative on organic food. Come on, organic vegetables are great, considering all the cancer around -- and environmental toxins leaching all over the place (did you know that Canada legalizes the use of 35,000 chemicals, and the vast majority of those have been untested for their toxicity -- and this number comes from the Gov. of Canada's own statements). And it was the botulism that got the people. So, maybe you should be angry at those who don't follow proper preserving and bottling and canning practices.
Aggie -- I had no idea you had a SS addiction. Perhaps you really should get TV cable, so you can at least waste time on fun TV dramas, and have those same reference points as the rest of us.
AND, err, I think maybe you're being just a bit too negative on organic food. Come on, organic vegetables are great, considering all the cancer around -- and environmental toxins leaching all over the place (did you know that Canada legalizes the use of 35,000 chemicals, and the vast majority of those have been untested for their toxicity -- and this number comes from the Gov. of Canada's own statements). And it was the botulism that got the people. So, maybe you should be angry at those who don't follow proper preserving and bottling and canning practices.
Post a Comment