Sunday, October 29, 2006

On the mend

I've compiled a small list of good things about being sick:
1) I got to play lots of Spider Solitaire and not feel guilty.
2) I got a full body detox without having to pay lots of money to hang out with New Agey types talking about their colons.
3) I am grateful to be alive
4) I got to spend quality time with my cat.
5) I am making things like rice pudding in my recovery phase, and that is good.

And here are the negative things about being sick:
1) I felt like shite.
2) I thought about death (and being eaten by Alsatians...)
3) People forgot about me.
4) I realized I was not indispensable at work. In fact, everyone is functioning quite well without me.
5) I have developed a mild form of agoraphobia because I've been in the house for too long.

On a lighter note, I received an email from Olga, my personal trainer, today. She wants a report on my progress. Of course, I'm going to play the 'sick card'. However, I'm thinking of starting some kind of light training program in the upcoming weeks rather than launching right back into the toxic sex, drugs and rock n' roll life I was leading.

4 comments:

The Independent Observer said...

Glad you're feeling better, Aggie. You were missed at the weekend Halloween celebrations. I was hoping you would arrive and do a costume-in-reverse thing by unravelling your bandages, revealing your new look for all to see. Next time.

Harmony said...

Aggie...we haven't forgotten you! You were definitely missed at the annual soiree...both you and your smart young man. How is he, by the way? Hopefully not consumed by either this horrid virus, or Alsations.

4th Dwarf said...

"People" forgot about you? Which people?

I don't believe it. I think you're still not well and have a feverish delusion.

Conch Shell said...

Aw, Aggie, I didn't forget about you either.