I saw this recipe in a magazine called Real Simple, which is a kind Martha Stewart Living 4 Dummies. I have all the ingredients for this and will be making it today:
You need:
a box yellow cake mix
1 can of crushed pineapple
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 stick of butter
Put the cake mix at the bottom of a greased/floured 9-by-13 cake pan. Pour the pineapple over the pan (with juice). Dump the can of cherry pie filling in, followed by the blueberry pie filling. Thinly slice 1 stick of butter and sprinkle slices over the other ingredients. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!
4 comments:
Aggie this sounds delicious and oh, so easy. One could drink a martini and smoke a cigarette at the same time, all while making this dessert. Very handy.
Next time we get together, let's plan on having this!
Aggie
While I'm sure "yellow cake" is delightful, Delilah wonders what it must be....lemon? Banana? What flavour yellow?
I made it with "white cake" because I didn't have the recipe with me in the store, and it turned out ok. I'm not sure about lemon or banana. I think that it might be too busy with all those pie fillings in there....It's good hot with ice cream on top.
And is there no stirrin involved? I'm likin the sound a this confection.
Post a Comment