Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ways that I'm working on the "Intimacy Challenge"

As some of you know, I'm on an Intimacy Challenge. I haven't blogged about it lately, but that doesn't mean things aren't happening. Here are some of the ways I'm working on intimacy, and things I'm doing to foster growth.
1) Going to yoga at least once every two weeks. In the past, I've gone out for drinks after my class with Conch Shell or others. These days, if I go out for a drink, it is just one drink. I'm no longer going for the post-yoga buzz. Don't ask me how this is working on intimacy. I just think it is.
2) I'm going back to see Olga, my personal trainer next week to discuss how I can be physically active during the winter months. Again, I'm not sure how this relates to intimacy, but I think it does.
3) I'm making casseroles, you know, the kind you dump a can of cream of mushroom soup into.
4) I'm trying to embrace Christmas, and will continue with the Vignette series.
5) I'm trying to work on my negative and nasty thoughts towards people who annoy me, by using the following mantras: "You being annoyed at her is likely reflecting an insecurity in you that you need to explore" or "This is a human being of this earth like you, and he can't help that he is a wanker." Thank goodness for mantras!

3 comments:

Harmony said...

Aggie, I really want to thank you for posting this. It's brave. And I'm going to use that last mantra of yours a lot, I believe, if that's OK with you. I know a few wankers myself who also induce slightly negative thoughts in me.

coyote said...

And remember, too, this quote
from that font of wisdom,
"The Desultoderata"

...Wankers are children of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
they have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is imploding as it should...

Aggie said...

Oh, Coyote -- you are good!