Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Baking, Aggie Style

Yesterday, I ran into a friend at the grocery. When she saw that I had flour, cocoa, and other baking goods in my cart, she said, "Aggie, I didn't think you were the baking type." I told her that I was trying to "Embrace Christmas, get intimate, and get zen about baking." She shook her head and walked away.

I will give you one Aggie-style Christmas recipe today, and another one tomorrow. The first one is a dessert I tasted years ago, made by a lovely friend from Rio de Janeiro who had no idea how to cook/bake or boil water. These delicious little balls are called brigadeiros. Please note that I forgot the word, brigadeiro, and had to google "chocolate balls brazilian". In addition to getting the brigadeiro recipe, I also got "Well-hung Brazilian boys". I don't recommend going there...

The recipe is dead simple: Dump one can of unsweetened condensed milk into a saucepan, toss in a couple of tablespoons of Nestle's Quick. Stir. Let it cool. Roll into balls. You can add decorations while rolling into balls if you'd like.

3 comments:

4th Dwarf said...

Say, Agatha, this sounds great! Do you think it might be even better if you added butter?

Harmony said...

Don't know about that Dwarfie, but I bet you could add butter to the "well-hung Brazilian boys" with interesting results...

Aggie said...

Hmmmm. I'm ignoring both butter comments. I'm having trouble rolling the little buggers into balls, which means that I'm now eating the mixture directly from the pot, which turns out to be quite delightful.