Today I bought a bunch of Chinese herbal remedies to help with the holiday recovery process and to raise my spirits. One is for 'tonifying blood'. This is what it says inside the package:
'These tablets have been proved remarkably effective in tonifying blood and energy, regulating Chong and Ren channels, nourishing the liver and kidney...They are recommend for deficiency of blood and energy, shrivelled complexion and neurasthenia in women.'
Not bad for $3.99.
1 comment:
Aggie, I think you've really hit on something here. I, too, am in the "holiday recovery" process, although at least I'm not sick, like my daughter (whose symptoms I won't describe here out of politeness), or like my very good friend, who has the sniffles.
However, I am taken aback by the indolence of the eating/partying/celebrating thing that's been happening. I feel that my Chong and Ren just might need some regulating. As for neurasthenia, well, we all could do with less of that. I'm going to rush out and buy this remedy. Thanks!
Post a Comment