Today was a day of letting go of things.
My car died today. Here is the conversation I had with my mechanic.
Mechanic: Aggie, it's time for you to just let it go.
Me: But the old girl has served me so well.
Mechanic: Aggie, dear, if you had a 20-year-old cat would you opt for $800-$1000 surgery, or would you have it put down? And, of course, there is the chance that the cat will just die any way of something else...
Me: I would probably be one of those people that opt for the surgery.
Mechanic: Let's retire this car, shall we?
Me: OK.
Sad, but that's life, isn't it. And now I'm not contributing to the climate change problem. That, I suppose, is the silver lining in all of this.
I had to let go of more things today. An office colleague helped me do a clean sweep today. It was wonderful. She helped me let go of the following items:
- old, ratty party decorations (She argued that when people have a party, they like to start fresh. I agreed).
- an old kettle that I no longer use (She said it was a health hazard. I agreed).
- Outdated research reports ("That's an old paradigm, Aggie." "You are much hipper than this." Once again, I agreed.)
Letting go of things is good.
3 comments:
I'm going to miss hanging my head out the window in the wind. Thank you, and thank you to your car, for all the rides.
It IS good to let some things go, isn't it?
Agatha, are you going to the Meetup for Female Ottawa Bloggers"?
Post a Comment