Anyhow, in the spirit of Jane/Issa, I'm changing my name to Eigga (Aggie spelled backwards).
p.s. I got confused about a link on her website called Fridge. Can someone explain this to me, please. Here is what it says when you click on this link:
RAW FOODIST REQUEST:
If you already eat along these lines and would be interested in helping me maintain this in my travels, that would be really helpful to me.
Delivery of 2 DRINKS/day ($25):
1/ ELECTROLYTE LEMONADE (Lemons/pears/ … - will send recipe)
2/ VEGETABLE BLENDED DRINK (kale, sprouts, etc.)
YES
Fresh, organic, distilled water, superfoods, celtic sea salt, flax oil, spirulina, maca, non-wheat protein, ground flax or hemp powder, gogi, aloe vera, other healthful things…
NO
no starches or sugar (candida diet) (banana, dates, figs, carrots, beets, potato)
If you can do this, please respond with simply a 'yes' and city.
Issa
3 comments:
Speaking strictly as a hairy quadruped of carnivorous inclination, this diet sounds disgusting...
I'm far anti-vegetarian (I eat wild onions, saskatoons & such, and Megan over at Asteroidea Press makes kale and brown rice sound positively ambrosial -- maybe even spiritual) but the idea of jammin' all that stuff in a blender and whirling it to green sewage sludge is just yucky-wrong.
Hey Iegga, if you're giving up your worldly possessions, can I have your Karina Bergmans piece?
p.s. $25 a day for two veggie drinks? When we open the publog, we'll have to put these on the menu.
As an elocutionist, I must know how to pronounce your new name. Below, I've presented some options, in an approximation* of IPA** (International Phonetic Alphabet), along with a layperson-friendly dumbed down pronunciation guide for each option.
ey g^ … egg ga
ay g^ … aye ga
ae g^ … ag ga
*ae represents the low front forward vowel in "sass"; ^ represents the vowel usually represented by a schwa - i.e. the unstressed version of ^; I elected to use y rather than i to represent the mini-glide in the diphthongs, because I like y better.
**The interested reader can find out more about IPA with basic internet search skills and intelligence. Wikipedia’s entry on this topic is very good – today, anyway. I posted an IPA chart on my blog. And the authoritative source is the site for the International Phonetic Association, of course: http://www.arts.gla.ac.uk/IPA/index.html
Post a Comment