Thursday, March 01, 2007

"Yep" is not a word....

Irritation of the day: "Yep" is not an appropriate email response. It is rude. I don't even think "yep" should be spoken.

7 comments:

Harmony said...

Aha! I see that use of the word "yep" is a SOURCE of irritation, therefore stress, to Aggie. From this I deduce Aggie is of the personality sort who is very affected by sounds or noises. She prefers genteel, softly-spoken, high-brow language, for example. So, to help Aggie, I suggest we all speak to her with an upper-class Brit accent.

4th Dwarf said...

Aye!

[*]

Anonymous said...

(scratching my head here) ... why is it rude??

4th Dwarf said...

#0, careful now, I expect you'll also be thinking it is all right to begin an email by typing "Hey Agatha!"

Do not do this. It is also rude.

Agatha is a classy Dame and does not put with this sort of thing.

Aggie said...

Dear #O,
I'm glad that you asked. It's interesting because I just arrived home after a long drunken discussion about this matter. One of my mates said, "I used 'nope' in an email today, and it really meant "No, and fuck you." My response, was "Yes, precisely. That is the problem with 'yep'. It means "Yes, and fuck you."
That is why it is rude.

4th Dwarf said...

Maybe this is why you let me get away with Yep and Nope.

When I want to say Yes and Fuck You, that's what I say.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess I read the wrong dictionary. Thanks for the lesson aggie :) I usually do what 4th does.