Saturday, March 24, 2007

Eigga Saturday Update

I`m not feeling at one with the universe today. Yesterday, I missed two important events that I wanted to attend, and I am bitterly disappointed. Why did I miss them? It's an old problem I had that I thought I had fixed. Apparently not. I agreed to do 4 different things and convinced myself that this was possible---to attend 4 different things in various areas of the city in one evening. I used to do this a lot. I don't anymore, but it seems I did it again last evening.
Another reason why I'm not feeling at one with the universe today is that I just ran into an ex. That part is ok. The part that is not ok is that as I was leaving the house I said to myself, "I hope I don't run into anyone I know." I said that because I had done absolutely no prior-to-going-out-of the-house grooming. Not even the teeth. Sweatpants. Matted hair. No coffee. (Yes, I consider coffee part of the grooming process). Anyway, you get the picture. He looked happy and well groomed, and whistled as he walked off after saying hello. Then, my neurotic Aggie self wondered if he was pleased to see me looking so rough.

6 comments:

4th Dwarf said...

Ah, but Eigga, if he'd seen you the way the rest of us always see you, he'd have been struck with remorse at his foolishness for losing you.

Perhaps he'd even try to rekindle the flame.

Does the new you want that sort of drama?

Anonymous said...

He was probably impressed that the new you has the confidence to face the world ungroomed. I'm impressed that you can face the world without coffee.

Pandora said...

Ma chere, it has been my observation that men often prefer disshevelment. I believe that women may groom to impress men, but that they more often impress other women. It's like the myth that men are standoffish and commitment phobic - in real life, I've never seen an example of that.

He was probably whistling happily at the thought that he had once been associated with such a divine creature, before she woke to his inferiority and dumped him like a load of shite. A moment of stolen glory in his life, poor fellow.

Pandora said...

I forgot to say - I posted a comment to your earlier life-and-name-changing entry about this - I await instruction on how to pronounce "Eigga".

coyote said...

You missed nothing at all, ma'am. Your radiance illuminated all within reach.

Aggie said...

You are all too kind. Pandora,
the correct pronunciation is AYE ga.