Saturday, March 31, 2007

Action in a taxi

Since my car is out of commission, I`ve been meeting lots of Ottawa taxi drivers. I got in a taxi last night, and the driver had a DVD player propped up on his dash. Some kind of Thai warrior kung-fu thing was playing. Here is the conversation I had with the driver:
Me: How can you drive and watch this at the same time?
Driver: I`m not watching this. It`s for you.
Me: But I don`t like this kind of movie. I don`t like to watch people kicking each other in the head.
Driver: Most of my customers like Action.
Me: I guess I`m not a fan of Action, then.
Driver: I play this for my customers. Not to get more tips or anything. They usually just thank me.
Me: Ok. Well, thank you. But, maybe you can try some comedy on your customers.

1 comment:

The Independent Observer said...

I think some taxi drivers enjoy expressing themselves culturally. Like the Ethiopian-born driver I had the other day who played some haunting music from his homeland. It sure beat listening to Lowell Green.