Thursday, January 24, 2008

Apocalyptic Dream

Here is my dream of this morning:

My house was slated to be razed, so I took the liberty of writing and painting all over the walls. I started to salvage some of the furniture, then realized that would be futile because ---- the apocalypse was coming!!!! The scene outside was chaos: big drunken parties with barfing people, and--for some reason--waterslides everywhere. People wanted to slide down waterslides as civilization as we know it was coming to a close. I took refuge in a grotty basement apartment with a young stoner who looked like a younger, chunkier George Stroumboulopoulos. He made a few advances, which--for some reason--I rejected, even though the apocalypse was coming!! We did get nicely stoned together, however, and then ended up in a caravan, migrating to a place that offered -- we weren't sure what. The apocalypse was still coming. We arrived at the place, and were assigned rusty old lockers. That's when I woke up.

7 comments:

Andrea... said...

Were there any robots!? I hope so...

Anonymous said...

If there's an apocalypse on the way, you can bet robots are somehow involved.

Aggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aggie said...

There were no robots. I repeat, NO ROBOTS in this particular apocalyptic dream.

coyote said...

I guess a younger, chunkier George Stroumboulopoulos will have to do, then...

Anonymous said...

It was nice of you to try to salvage the furniture, Aggie.

Aggie said...

I started salvaging the furniture, and then, abandoned it when I realized the whole exercise was futile because of the apocalypse thing. I guess I didn't need to explain that since you are just saying that it was nice that I TRIED. Thanks, La Chaise. I try to be nice sometimes.