Monday, January 14, 2008

The Nunnery didn't work out....

Ok, I didn't make it to the nunnery, folks. Not this week, anyway. The place is booked solid. Apparently, I was not the only person who thought this would be a good idea.
So, instead of chastity, solitude and silence, I'ved opted for shagging, lively social interaction, hot room yoga, and lots of reading.
This week I'm reading Jane Austen's Emma, Julia Child's My Life in France (thank you Jo Stockton!) and a little tiny book by Harry G. Frankfurt called On Bullshit.

7 comments:

bob said...

I guess the nunnery's are full cause people need a lot of spiritual cleansing this time of year. Too bad, if you're still interested i'd suggest trying again in a few months, perhaps when the weathers better - people tend to feel better then, and won't need their services as much.

On an unrelated note, what do you think about shagatha on bank street? Whats the deal there? Is that YOUR alter-alter-ego, or is someone getting so meta it hurts?

Aggie said...

Yes, I'm putting the nunnery on hold...
Shagatha? Who is this hussy riffing on my gig?

bob said...

Haven't you seen the bank street folk, they were mentioned on the irregular's blog in a previous post:

http://bankstreetblog.wordpress.com/

Follow the bar on the right down, you'll find your doppelganger.

Aggie said...

Oh yes....I know of that little trollope.

Harmony said...

Well said, Ags, well said.

Jennifer said...

I am excited that you took my book recommendation! Let me know if you enjoy it.

J.

Aggie said...

I am LOVING the Julia Child book. This is exactly the kind of inspiration I need right now. Thanks again.