Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Intruder scare
This morning, I woke up at 6 a.m. from another one of my twisted dreams, and was convinced there was an intruder in the place. I can be very country bumpkin-ish about leaving doors unlocked or open, so I assumed someone had just walked in off the street. My first response was to turn on the bedside light because I had heard somewhere that that can scare someone off. I then put on my pants. I didn't like the idea of fighting off an intruder without proper ass-covering. I then ran for the phone and was poised to dial 911. I slithered around, back to the wall, turning on lights, until I was convinced that there was no one there. Meanwhile my cat remained in deep slumber. Finally, I managed to go back to sleep for a couple of more hours, and woke up in my pants, drooling on the phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't worry Aggie. If you ever have an intruder, the furniture will protect you.
I think it's the furniture that's causing all the midnight ruckus to begin with. Oh sure, they can stand perfectly still when you're looking at them, and lull you into complacency with their cushy softness, but as soon as your back is turned, they're up to no good -- waiting to smack you in the shins when you least expect it.
Post a Comment