Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Looking for Kidney Warmers...

My shopping consultant who just showed me how to "do Winners" also introduced me to kidney warmers. A kidney warmer is a finely knitted tube that covers your kidneys and keeps your core body warm. My shopping consultant's mother got her kidney warmer in Germany. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get one in Ottawa. I know, I know, all you knitters are going to say "Just make one yourself!" But I want one that actually fits under my clothes.

I did find two models online. The first one is a high-end Made in Germany model that costs a fortune but offers the following health benefits: "expands and strengthens your aura", "protects from EMR (electromagnetic and wireless radiation)", "strengthens your subtle energy bodies", "activates your self-healing forces", and "supports general well-being and concentration". I need all of these things.

Then, I found a cheaper American version of the kidney warmer here. As you can see, the health benefits aren't nearly as sexy: "post-operative"..."reassuring"? Blech.

8 comments:

coyote said...

Protects from EMR (electromagnetic and wireless radiation)?

Okay, I'm thinking lotsa tinfoil. To, like, match the hat...

Anonymous said...

I sport a bosom warmer under my coat when it is really cold outside. It is a wide fleece scarf that I drape over my neck, cross over my voluminous bosom and then tuck into my pants.

Anonymous said...

Those German kidney warmers are HOT.

Andrea... said...

I can't believe that exists! They look like mummies! (Really toned muscular mummies....)

XUP said...

I say a nice mug of grog before venturing outdoors will keep all your necessary organs warm enough, thank you very much

Aggie said...

I'm with Zoom on this one: those German kidney warmers are smokin' hot. I must find one.

Anonymous said...

Actually XUP,

Effects of Alcohol in the Cold
http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/medicaldepartments/pharmacy/alcoholandcold/index.html

Psychic Librarian

XUP said...

Ya, ya, I know, but I find you care less about the cold with some grog in ya.