Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Richard Desjardins

I am in love with Quebec singer-songwriter,Richard Desjardins. If you want beautiful music to get you through your February blues, go out and buy his 1998 unplugged CD, Boom Boom.
Yesterday at a musical event, I sidled up to the bar, and realized I was literally rubbing elbows with Richard Desjardins. We smiled at each other, and I forgot that I was there to order a drink. Then, today, while walking down the street, I looked across, and there was Richard Desjardins with his little black suede jacket and his smoke. I'm convinced that it is destiny: we were meant to be together. He is a teeny bit older than I am. On another blog, I was defending Julia Child's decision to put her much older husband in a nursing home while she continued on with her work. Message to Richard Desjardins: when we get married, I promise I won't ship you off to the nursing home.

10 comments:

Manny Blue said...

Can you lend me one of his CDs to see if I like him too?

Aggie said...

I would love to, Manny.

XUP said...

I'll bet once the novelty wears off of having some hacking, drooling old man attempting to croon in your ear in French, he'll be off to Shady Acres toot sweet.

4th Dwarf said...

Actually, XUP, you'd be surprised at the action a hacking, drooling old man can get with just a bit of crooning en Francais.

XUP said...

Okay, I'm willing to be surprised.

Aggie said...

I do have a little weakness for crooners en francais... However, XUP, you may be right. Even, beautiful old Richard may end at Shady Acres, or Sheltering Willows, or Piney Meadows.

4th Dwarf said...

XUP, I am sure you are, but being willing takes away from the surprise.

XUP said...

Dwarf - so you prefer to surprise a person against their will?

4th Dwarf said...

It all depends on the surprise.

Manny Blue said...

Oh Aggie, thank you for lending me a Richard Desjardin CD. There was no hacking and drooling, just some beautiful singing and incredible music!