Some of my blogging friends have confessed that they are "having trouble with my shift into craft blogging." One friend even said to me just yesterday: "Bring the angst back. That's what we all love." I want to reassure you all that the angst is still here.
Here are some of the things causing me angst right now:
1) I don't have a sewing machine. I have been to stores, gone online, read consumer reports. Some say the Sears Kenmore (forget the number) is the best cheapest one you can get. Some say go to Walmart and pick up a Brothers for $100. Others say, whatever you do, go digital. Still other say, make sure it has a one-step button holer.
2) My travel plans for the winter are still fuzzy. I want to go somewhere warm, or at least warmer. Tickets need to be purchased.
Plans need to be made. I cannot seem to move ideas to reality at the moment.
3) Urban Pedestrian has asked me come up with 7 random things about myself, and it seems too hard to do. I am considering digging into my own archives and pulling them out there. That seems like a cop out, though.
4) I am jealous of so many other bloggers - especially CRAFT bloggers, people who can come up with a fun project from a set of burnt out lightbulbs. Or, ones who are just plain BRILLIANT. I am trying not to let my jealousy get the best of me. I'm working on this with the Buddhists.
5) There is no fifth thing at the moment.
6 comments:
Oh dear. Sorry to contribute to your angst. By way of compensation, I will attempt some de-angsting.
1. Can't go wrong with the Sears Kenmore machine. Good price, good warranty and even one in the $200 range and pretty much everything you would need.
2. I would like to suggest Portugal as a lovely place to visit, or if that's out of the question, Tobago -- it's off the beaten path, not too expensive and very lovely (though a tad rustic in places)
3. Tagging is not a legally binding contract. No one will sue you if you don't want to do it.
4.You don't just have to blog about your own crafts - -you can blog about other people's crafts or great craft show events or great craft shops. The lightbulbs, for instance -- I saw them on another blog and they're certainly worth a word or two by a fellow blogger. They were fab!
5. I like your angst blogs, too. Maybe you could alternate.
Thank you, Urban. I feel a weight has lifted. Sears Kenmore, eh? But is it digital?
I think they're pretty much all digital these days, aren't they?
Urban Pedestrian makes an excellent point Aggie about alternating. You could carve out your niche in the craftangst genre. You could alternate between them or you could meld them together somehow. I see some brilliant potential here.
Yeah... I'm seein' it all now. An avante garde log cabin quilt design that symbolizes the turmoil of your inner emotional state. With commentary... and angst. Lotsa angst.
Oh, I can just see all the dark fabrics now!
Post a Comment