Now that this is a CRAFT blog, I will have to start linking to craft sites and taking stunning photographing of my projects at all stages. I am currently exploring other craft blogs out there which I will be linking to soon.
What I love about craft people are that they are so darn clever. If they appear a bit smug, they deserve to be! They can make a table runner out of a pair of dollar store sports socks. This is the kind of shit I want to do here, people! I want to be thrifty, clever, innovative, organized-- everything you have ever dreamed of in a craftsperson.
6 comments:
Ah -- you're at the "research" stage of doing something. I love that stage. I've researched so many, many potential novels and potential non-fiction bestsellers and a big variety of potential gold-mine business ideas. Research is great because you get to read a lot and be amazed at all the cool things other people are doing and you get real psyched about all the wonderful things that you're going to create once all the research is done. Only problem with me is that once the research is done, I kinda lose interest in the project. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, though. And I can't wait to see what you decide to make.
Ah, Ags. I do so admire your witty double entendres. In keeping with the spirit of such hilarity, I'd like to say that perhaps you've been a crafty person all along. For example, I myself collect empty wine bottles and beer cans. I dutifully arrange them in asymmetrical designs in my blue box(es), then unhappily lug the box(es) to the beer store every once-in-awhile to return them. Or,I make other people help me lug them. Now, that means I'm both thrifty and organized, two of your admired characteristics of crafty people.
I know for sure that you, too, have already achieved equal craftiness in your life, if not in the area of recycling, then in any number of other areas.
You see what a success you are?
Three words, Aggie: Lotus Martini Lounge...
I'm completely in agreement with the urban pedestrian, and think that the imagining of these wonderful things is so much more exciting than the reality. So, keep up that research, but go light of finger on the sewing machine, lest you start a quilt and then begin to angst about how you cannot be a quitter, and that you just must finish the quilt, and ultimately, realize that it's just you and the mediocre quilt and solitary old age.
Aggie, I echo Coyote's sentiments.
But I won't malign your foray into craftiness, because knitnut.net began its humble stumble through the blogosphere as a crafty blog.
Perhaps you could whip up some meditation pillows and make a fortune selling them on your blog.
Thanks all of you. Coyote, don't try to derail me on this one, hon. Zoom, I should give you a prize for this idea. I could make a fortune on here selling UNIQUE meditation pillows. And, I must delve into the Knitnut archives to explore its origins...
Post a Comment