Friday, October 12, 2007

Yoga

I went to yoga today for the first time in about a year. I will not likely be able to move tomorrow. I bought a 5-class pass with the hope of getting back into it. I can't be bent over a sewing machine all the time. That is just not healthy.
What I enjoyed most about the class were the adjustments. I love adjustments! You know, when they come over and shove your hip in one direction and your shoulder in the other direction. Nice. I thanked my teacher (an adorable little poptart of a yogi) for every single one of his adjustments -- and there were a lot.
What I find amusing about yoga is the bizarre humour that is only funny to a few yoga freaks. At the beginning of the class, the teacher said something funny, and everyone laughed except me. The punchline was Vinyasa. I had forgotten what fucking Vinyasa was because I hadn't been to yoga for a while.
I followed up the yoga with a full Korean meal, and have had my head on my desk for most of the afternoon.

1 comment:

XUP said...

Ha ha ha -- "vinyasa" - ha ha ha