Another new fabric acquisition is this tablecloth I bought for $4 at a garage sale. It is in perfect condition. I don't know the vintage of the tablecloth, but it brings me back to the late 70s, early 80s. It's a 'happy housewife' cloth. A let's-make-the-house-cheery cloth. It evokes the days of the jellied salad, of valium, of martinis. The good old days.
7 comments:
I think we kitchen mac-tac just like that when I was growing up. And an ironing board cover too. And green jello with bits of cucumber and hotdog in it. It's all coming back to me now.
ARGH!!! BURN THE CLOTH!!!
This would make a great church-goin' muumuu. A nice big white hat sporting assorted dried flowers and some fluffly mules and you're good to go.
Yes, I may have to burn the cloth! I am having flashbacks of church picnics, peanut butter and fluff sandwiches, general dysfunction, etc...I haven't yet succeeded in eating a meal off the thing yet.
Perhaps, Urban is right --I should turn it into a garment.
Aggie...you're losing me...AGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........
I was to see The Cloth, but I can't for some reason. :(
Aggie, I'm thinkin' if Scarlett O'Hara can wear the drapes, you can certainly carry off the table cloth.... mu'umu'u that sucker!
I think I see an outline of the Virgin Mary in the cloth. Maybe you should put it on Ebay.
Post a Comment