Intriguing. It was left on the table, so we can assume it was not a treasured or even welcomed comment. I think the conversation prior to the note went like this:
She: (at home trying to talk while he's watching TV) Are you listening to anything I've said? You've barely spoken or looked at me in weeks.
He: Whatever.
She: Fuck whatever. You're being so damn cold all the time, I wish I'd never met you.
He: I don't believe that. Look how much you've improved with me in your life.
She: WHAT? What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying I should count my lucky stars that you dragged me out of the gutter and into your radiant presence? Eh? Eh? FUCK YOU! (she storms off)
He: (running after her). Wait... I... er... um... I only meant that...er... I thought I made you happy...like, you look so much happier than when I met you... ya, that's it... honey???
He tracks her down at the restaurant having a drink with some girlfriends. They're trashing him, of course. She ignores him when he tries to wave her over, so he writes the note and gives it to her.
Any ideas on the blooming heart? If it's CHILL, rather than chili, I suspect there is a kind of abusive pattern going on here, as well represented in Urban's dialogue. I think the person is doing the hot/cold thing. So note is essentially saying, "Sorry for my latest chill when I was an emotional wasteland. Now, I promise to be nice again." She or he (I'm not going to assume this is necessarily a hetero thing) of the blooming heart is perhaps the needy one. Blooming means needy perhaps...Hence, "you are more beautiful when I chill you out, and you become needy." Messy messy messy. All of this makes me want to embrace the chili theory.
We know the author is a male because it's so damn short and cryptic. A woman would never leave a note that doesn't fully explain exactly what she means and then we wouldn't be having all this trouble trying to figure it out. I'm going to discount the chili theory because a) chili only has one "l" and b) because then he'd have said sorry "about" the chili, not "for". Blooming could be a lamely poetic way of referring to the fact that the woman is pregnant -- you know how they say pregnant women "bloom". So he's trying to suck up an convince her that she looks even better with her massive belly, swollen ankles, stretch-marked boobs and blotchy complexion than she normally does??
11 comments:
Dude's in big trouble -- and knows it. D'ya think he said something like, "Smile! You'd look so much prettier!"?
Most people I know really resent that one.
And do I sense that Aggie's Craft Blog Phase may be drawing to a graceful close...?
Oh no, my friend. The Craft Blog is here to stay, as much you may like it to go away.
Intriguing. It was left on the table, so we can assume it was not a treasured or even welcomed comment. I think the conversation prior to the note went like this:
She: (at home trying to talk while he's watching TV) Are you listening to anything I've said? You've barely spoken or looked at me in weeks.
He: Whatever.
She: Fuck whatever. You're being so damn cold all the time, I wish I'd never met you.
He: I don't believe that. Look how much you've improved with me in your life.
She: WHAT? What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying I should count my lucky stars that you dragged me out of the gutter and into your radiant presence? Eh? Eh? FUCK YOU! (she storms off)
He: (running after her). Wait... I... er... um... I only meant that...er... I thought I made you happy...like, you look so much happier than when I met you... ya, that's it... honey???
He tracks her down at the restaurant having a drink with some girlfriends. They're trashing him, of course. She ignores him when he tries to wave her over, so he writes the note and gives it to her.
Wow. That was very indepth. I actually thought the writer had meant to put an "i" at the end of "chill" instead of the "l".
So basically, they were aplogizing for making a shit-ass chili the night before. And as for the blooming heart? I have no idea. But I like it.
That's so romantic :)
Any ideas on the blooming heart?
If it's CHILL, rather than chili, I suspect there is a kind of abusive pattern going on here, as well represented in Urban's dialogue. I think the person is doing the hot/cold thing. So note is essentially saying, "Sorry for my latest chill when I was an emotional wasteland. Now, I promise to be nice again." She or he (I'm not going to assume this is necessarily a hetero thing) of the blooming heart is perhaps the needy one. Blooming means needy perhaps...Hence, "you are more beautiful when I chill you out, and you become needy." Messy messy messy. All of this makes me want to embrace the chili theory.
I have such a craving for chili right now.
Now how do you know it wasn't left by a woman intended for a male friend?
I think it was a note by Stephane Dion that he delivered to his caucus.
We know the author is a male because it's so damn short and cryptic. A woman would never leave a note that doesn't fully explain exactly what she means and then we wouldn't be having all this trouble trying to figure it out. I'm going to discount the chili theory because a) chili only has one "l" and b) because then he'd have said sorry "about" the chili, not "for". Blooming could be a lamely poetic way of referring to the fact that the woman is pregnant -- you know how they say pregnant women "bloom". So he's trying to suck up an convince her that she looks even better with her massive belly, swollen ankles, stretch-marked boobs and blotchy complexion than she normally does??
I have no idea what it means, but I'm in awe of all of you for your profound insights.
Post a Comment