Man: "Aggie, you mentioned last week you are homeless, and temporarily living in Ottawa and Montreal. That must be so difficult, and clearly, you must be going through something to have this kind of unstable living arrangement. I just thought you might like to come over to my place, and hang out for a bit and feel ok.
Aggie: "I'm doing fine, actually. I didn't intend to communicate that I was unstable."
Man: "Oh well, that's great. Maybe you would like to come over to my place anyway then."
Aggie: "Your place? No thanks."
Why would this fellow not simply invite me out for a beer? What is this "come over to my place" stuff? What planet is he from? Was he simply doing the 1/10 thing?** Are there new conventions out there that I have missed?
Note to self: don't mention homelessness to strangers (or insurance people)
*I know this man through a course I am taking, but I am not even sure what his name is.
**Do I need to explain the 1/10 thing?
6 comments:
What planet is he from? Planet Creepy, apparently.
Besides, why would you need to go to his place to feel better? Why not just go to a bakery like normal people?
Yes, you need to explain it.
It's the lame-ass theory that if a man randomly asks a woman directly if she wants to get physical, there is a 1 in 10 chance she will say yes.
Maybe he figured since you were homeless you already spent enough time in bakeries and bars and coffee shops and might appreciate a nice homey environment? Or, maybe he's too cheap and lazy to go out.
Actually, for homeless dames, the one-in-ten rule is more like one-in-five, but that's just the "creepy" in me...
I knew it wouldn't take long for you to chime in with the real stats, Chair.
Post a Comment