First of all, I want to thank you all for the motivation. You have all helped me, in your own special ways. Here are some motivational messages I received "off the blog":
"Congratulations! You are still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."
"We can't solve problems by using the same the kind of thinking we used when we created them." (My friend informed me that this is Einstein breaking out of the confines of the old folk-expression -"You made your bed, now go lie in it").
"Then, I got this massive jumble of wonderful motivation-goodness from another friend:
IT'S NOT A VISION IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT ALREADY. reach for the stars. YOU CAN DO IT. don't let the bastards get you down. IF YOU BELIEVE IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT. never retreat, never explain, never apologize - get the thing done and let them howl. IF I CAN'T DANCE, I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF YOUR REVOLUTION."
Nice, eh? I am doing ok. I'm currently in a Montreal public library that seems to be housing every single Montrealer with a mental health challenge. I've moderated the coffee-bean intake. Moving forward.
7 comments:
It might be fun to distribute chocolate covered coffee beans to your mental-health-challenged library-mates.
I'm convinced there is some kind of active TB outbreak in here, as well, with all the hacking going on.
I am hoarding my chocolate covered coffee beans...and have managed to not eat one for a couple of hours now.
trying to function without coffee is very very hard. it feels like someone has wrapped me in three layers of cellophane. that can't be good for writing. stay on the bean!
Oh, believe me, I won't be coming down off the bean for a few more days.
I went off coffee a number of years ago, and it does get better, as I recall. And, I think it does make you a better person. More Buddha-like, less attached, less of a fucking addict, basically.
If you're off coffee, are you still allowed the odd bean?
Here's some delayed motivation - you can do it!!! You can be anyone you want to be!!! You can do anything you put your mind to!!! All you need is love!!!! You can solve the anagram of life and reveal the truthfulness of its secrets!! A great honour will be presented to you!!! You will find happiness in a new love!!! You will receive a promotion at work!!!
I bet you're wishing i delayed longer now...
On the coffee subject, i don't think its in a person's personality's best interest to ever give up a drug that gives them pleasure. I've realized that while i am more healthy being a non-smoker, i am also less happy. Drugs like nicotine and caffine make you happier (they may make you feel happier, but if you feel it, you are imo). I say if you've tried the bean, stay on the bean unless the happiness it provides is displaced by the health concerns/impacts it brings. I've simply transfered my nicotine love to caffine, and while i'm slowly forgetting the happiness it brought (with the help of caffeine), it will never be completely gone... drugs are powerful stuff.
Oh, don't I know it, Bob. I so love my addictions!Thanks so much for your motivational words. I loved your last posting about your kittens, by the way. So sweet. Please keep going.
Post a Comment