A conversation I just had:
Person: So, I've just decided I have to go see a counsellor.
Me: That's great!!!
Person: Why is that?
Me: Because, you were MADE for counselling.
I'm not sure this was the appropriate thing to say (pretty sure, NOT!), but I do think this particular person is really made for counselling.
So, what kind of person do I think is good for counselling?
1) some level of intelligence
2) anxiety, but trying to hold it all together, and still "performing"
3) motivated to change shit
4) totally fucking aware
5) there is no fifth thing.
I'm sure everyone was made for counselling. But some people may be more life coachy, or just ok talking to their hair dresser, or ok just taking the pills, or better off hanging out in the bar. And then, there are some people who are just made for counselling.
2 comments:
I tried it once, but the counsellor got all twitchy and uncomfortable when I started discussing my issue, so I decided she was a twit and left. I felt much better after that, so I guess she was a good counsellor, right?
A counselor once told me I was the best client she had ever had, because I actually did all the homework she assigned (read this book, write about this, think about that, etc.). She said most people never got around to doing any of that shit.
Post a Comment