1) I've eaten an entire bag of ginger snaps. Sweet, little heart-shaped, spelt gingersnaps that I purchased at Boushey's on Elgin Street for a small fortune. Highly recommended.
2) I am making some progress, although I am still unsure if completion of the project is possible. My writing coach suggested that this may be a good opportunity throw my debilitating perfectionism to the wind once and for all.
3) I am doing the chocolate-covered coffee bean thing -- which actually is not too bad as an ADD medication.
4) I am demanding encouragement from everyone. That includes you. Please send me your best motivational messages.
5) There is no fifth thing.
7 comments:
You can have a nice glass of wine IF you finish writing. Is that motivational enough?
1) Go!
2) Go!
3) Go!
4) Go!
5) There is no fifth thing. Get to work.
You are a machine!!!! You show those spelt ginger snaps who's boss!!!
Mmmm, ginger snaps!
I don't know anything about your writing project, but here's my advice:
1) If you're still researching, STOP. Invoke closure. Work with what you've got.
2) Go for an imperfect yet complete first draft before you try to inject perfection into parts of it.
3) Stop re-reading it.
4) Don't eat too many of those chocolate-covered coffee beans - they're really delicious and addictive until they suddenly become revolting.
5) There is no fifth thing.
6) Give yourself an intermediate deadline - tell yourself that you're going to post whatever you've got at that time on the blog. This will almost certainly assure you of dramatic progress.
Hang in there Aggie. You can do it.
Thanks all of you. I appreciate the support. Unfortunately, I didn't follow #4 yesterday, and am suffering the consequences.
Dame Agatha shuddered,
"Unfortunately,
I didn't follow
#4 yesterday"
as her slender shakey
oh-so-so-jittery-stuttery
chocolatey-beany-hungover
digitssssssssssssssssssss
d-a-n-c-e-d a passable bouncy
p@s0 d0ble
over her keyboard...
Welcome to my over-caffeinated world, ma'am!
You can do it! Go team!
Post a Comment