I do not wear panty hose -- except on my head when I'm dressed as a Buddhist monk for Halloween -- but found myself in a situation this Saturday evening when I had to purchase a pair of the fucking things. So, I went to Fancy Sox in the Rideau Centre, where I made the mistake of splurging in a higher end pair of sheer stockings because I assumed they would be less like to run on the first wear! I also assumed that, surely to God, they have come up with some models that are a bit sturdier now.
I VERY CAREFULLY put the fucking things on, and I looked down to find a very large run making its way down my leg. 'Maybe your toenails are too long or are jagged,' my helpful companion suggested. This was not the case, and even if they were, they should not bust this easily.
At the soiree that I attended, I sat next to a woman and complained about my pantyhose breakdown. She said, 'If you wash them with shampoo before you wear them, the fibres stand up longer.' Are women out there really doing this?
I am wondering why people are still wearing these things that are designed to instantly self-destruct.
1 comment:
I hope you took the blasted things right back to the shop? I haven't worn pantyhose in forever. They make some very nice tights these days which you can wear even with formal dress.
Post a Comment