About a week ago, I promised the ESIs that I would write a profile for each one of them. I already wrote the Chair's profile a long time ago, something that has caused a big brouhaha. They all ask-- Why the Chair and not me?
Now, faced with the task of writing a profile for 4th Dwarf, Coyote, Conch Shell and the Independent Observer, I am experiencing a bad case of writer's block. Here is what it looks like in my head:
Me: Ok, Aggie. Time to start the profiles.
Me: Ok, which one first?
Me: Conch Shell? No, the IO. No, Coyote....No, Dwarfie.
Me: But, what are you going to say anyway?
Me: I don't have a fucking clue!
Me: But these are your friends. Surely, you have something interesting to say about your friends.
Me: But I want them to be interesting and to capture something unique about each ESI. You did it for the Chair.
Me: Yeah, and look where that got me!
Me: Just start writing.
Me: I don't want to! Stop telling me what to do!
7 comments:
Ease yourself into it Ags. You know, maybe write a profile about one of the ESI's pets. That would be fairly easy and cute and snappy. Then, especially if it's a cat you profiled, you could nicely segue into Coyote's profile...along the lines of "speaking of ESI's who just LOVE (to eat) cats..."
Or: come up with a set of interview questions, and then interview each of them in your head, and just post the transcripts.
Aggie, after reading this post, I'm becoming concerned. Just how long have you been hearing voices that claim to be you...?
Harmony: Great idea.... But, not all of them have pets.
Zoom: Great idea. Or, I could interview them, and the profiles would write themselves.
Coyote: The voices have been with me for a while...
As for order, a fair way might be to do the ESIs who blog the most regularly first. Or maybe who puts up the next post? So that whoever was most anxious (which could be read as "most likely to complain") would get top priority.
This Asteroidea lady has an excellent idea. The ESI who has written the most posts or the most recent post is probably exactly the one to go with.
Thanks, Megan. This is why we want you to consult us: your commitment to fairness.
Nobody special-Dwarfie: Piss off!
Post a Comment